Social Science is a six-level Primary course which covers the core objectives of the Social Science curriculum in English, following the CLIL methodology (Content and Language Integrated Learning). This methodology teaches scientific knowledge through the medium of English. The core curricular objectives of Social Science are progressively introduced to achieve two main objectives: to learn the scientific contents and, at the same time, to practise the English language.
The course aims to promote the acquisition of key competences, the achievement of academic excellence and the undertaking of global assessment. It also promotes the acquisition of basic skills, such as reading comprehension, speaking and writing skills and integrates Information and Communication Technology (ICT), entrepreneurship and civic education.
The Richmond-Santillana Social Science series:
• promotes understanding and appreciation of the social sciences, geography and history through situations which reflect the learner’s real world.
• offers a content-based approach to the social sciences through which other interdisciplinary skills develop: language, scientific inquiry, learning to learn and decision making.
• provides opportunities for learners to develop their personal and social skills.
• provides a solid base for values education through the course contents to enable learners to develop scientific curiosity and how it applies to the social sciences.
(Levels 3 & 5)
• Activity Generator • IWB activities • Digital Flashcards
(Levels 1 & 2)
Richmond understands the speed at which digital teaching is evolving and aims to offer solutions for use across a variety of situations. From materials for teachers and schools taking their first steps into the digital world to more sophisticated products and services, we offer a range of digital solutions to suit your needs.
DIGITAL RESOURCES FOR THE TEACHER
LibroMedia is Richmond-Santillana’s digital textbook. It includes interactive content to go with each unit, and can be used without an Internet connection. Libromedia is available for different devices (PC, Interactive Whiteboard, iPad, Android tablets, etc.). Libromedia allows students to work simultaneously with the printed textbook, whilst offering a broad range of multimedia resources.
Social Science Student’s LibroMedia includes videos and animations, as well as interactive activities.
Social Science Teacher’s LibroMedia includes the Student’s Book in digital format as well as further teacher's resources, which allow teachers to personalise the materials.
Social Science LibroNet (levels 5 and 6).